logo.jpg

mcftcart.gif

backbtn.gifhomebtn.gifemailbtn.gif

Main Street

locationsslate.gif

sitebtn.gif

mapsbtn.gif

locationbtn.gif

officebtn.gif

permittingbtn.gif

guidebtn.gif

eventsbtn.gif

weatherbtn.gif

guestbookbtn.gif

contactbtn.gif

Stuart was originally named Potsdam in 1893..

It was named by Otto Stypman, one of the earliest settlers of Stuart . Mr. Stypman and his brother Ernest came here in 1892 and were originally from Potsdam Germany.

The Stypman brothers originally owned what is now downtown Stuart, and were large land owners and started their fortunes here in pineapple farming.

The name was changed after the FEC railroad was established and was called Stuart after Homer 'Jack" Stuart, another early settler.

lyriclittle.gif

The Towns

Down to Business

Main Street

On the Trail

The Deep Blue Sea

Hit the Beach

Old Man River

Enjoy Our Good Nature

Water Under the Bridge

Harvest Time